Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Had Any "Good Fun" Lately?

I so remember when my boys were young and we would do something and then they would declare - "That was good fun!"  I am not sure where it started or where it came from but it always made me smile.  Last week I found out about a new book full of good fun and I just have to spread the word about this wonderful idea!!  It is called "The Good Fun Book" and it is full of party ideas for children but---here's the catch--they all include ideas that celebrate service!  What a wonderful simple idea and what a great way to teach children to do for others.

Today - my copy arrived and I am so excited about this idea that I can't say enough.  It surely doesn't hurt that the Binky Patrol is included and is one of the suggested ideas, but that is not my only reason for loving it.  If we can teach our children when they are young to always keep in mind that giving is so rewarding and should be an integral part of all our lives they will pass it on.  As one of the reviews states, this could be the beginning of a change in our world - start with the children and the ideas will grow.

Something I read last week has stayed with me - it was a post on Facebook from the Ronald McDonald House Charities that stated "We believe that when you change a child's life, you change a family's, which can change a community, and ultimately the world."  This is our belief as well and such a profound way of looking at things.  Who would have thought that "Good Fun" could involve service as well.  Don't miss out on this book and this idea - give it as a gift to every child you know - we can all make a difference - even the smallest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment