Thursday, March 17, 2011

Is Your Fabric Speaking to You.......

Wow - this is just a sample of the items we have received in the past weeks.  Needless to say we are so thrilled and we are working to move them out as they come in.

Andrea and I were discussing how our stash of fabric and yarns can actually become so intertwined in our lives that they hold very strong memories and feelings.  As we have been going through my personal stash collected over the past 25+ years, I remember the purchase and the intended purpose of almost every piece.  As I came to the realization that I would never be able to complete all of the projects or use it all up, I found the most grand purpose of turning all of these colorful memories into lovies that will comfort and help a child in need.  I am not saying it has been easy - we all let go of things in different ways and for different reasons.  But, having said that, I can tell you that it has been extremely cathartic to see these glimmers of my past life turned into useful items and passed on.

The beautiful floral I purchasde for a dress to soothe myself after a miscarriage is now something most beautiful and useful, the scraps that were a part of my boys rooms are off to bigger and better things, the fabrics purchased for my youngest son - now 15 - are finally being made into Binkies for Boys.  If you have a stash of fabric, yarn, threads, etc, that are calling you to put them to use, think about donating them or creating something that will show love to a child who so needs something to hold and know that he or she is thought of, something to be with them when they are alone or away from their loved ones, sick or cold....think of giving your stash a higher purpose.  Believe me - it is a wonderful thing and it will free you in so many ways.  Give it a try - I highly recommend it!

We have many projects going on right now - jump in anywhere --- Binkies for Boys, Charity Mystery Quilt Contest, T-Shirt Quilt Project, and coming Be Square and Help Build a Binky.....something for everyone and every stash.  Email us at binkypatrolsc@sc.rr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment